Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some information. My jeep is blowing hot air on the passenger side and cool air on driver side. The actuator is working from what I can see, meaning I can see the arm moving when switching the controls. Is the blend door a major issue to get to? I'm trying to stay away from the dealership on this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Most likely need a heater core flush. There is no "driver-passenger" blend door.

The hot/cold blend door is on the driver side of the center stack, behind the plenum for the driver's feet (if you are getting heat on at least one side then this is working). The foot/vent/defrost blend door is on the passenger side of the center stack and can be accessed by removing the glove box.

·
Registered
45 Posts
any idea what the heater core flush costs? I am having similar issues with my 08 JK. Heater core was replaced about a year ago, at a loss on this one. thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm sitting at the dealer waiting on the same service. My dealer had a coupon for $79.99 coolant flush. Now I keep fingers crossed and pray they put the correct OAT fluid in. I'm optimistic since I have had no issues, nor heard or any, from this dealer albeit I am new to this area and have only been here for oil changes.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well, they did it. They put the wrong coolant in. I have them reflushing it to put OAT in. This sucks but they are making it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts