Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Jeep wrangler. I get plenty of heat and plenty of a/c . the problem is when the blending door behind the cabin air filter spot closes it makes a clicking sound after it has closed. The ignition doesn't even have to be on.
it will make 3 or 4 clicks then stop for a minute or so and make 3 or 4 more clicks. Any idea on how to fix this? Would appreciate some feedback.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just replaced the actuator on my 2012 JK Rubicon. Same exact symptoms. Would be an easy fix but the actuator is sandwiched between the passenger inner fender and the ac/heater air blend control box.

You need this actuator and a tiny ratchet that holds a #2 Phillips bit. There are two mounting screws that need to be removed then unplug the actuator. The actuator will come right out of the blend unit once the screws are removed. Helps to have tiny hands . Lol. I don’t. There’s very little space to work and lots of sharp plastic under there. Have to remove glovebox and passenger dash speaker. Also helps to relocate two bundle harnesses that are in the way fastened with Christmas tree rivets.
I had to lay across the drivers seat and the gear shifter and stick my head in the passenger footwell......you WILL feel that the next day! Lol I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clicking nois

Thanks for the input. even though I have the tools, I believe this would be a job for my mechanic. being disabled there's no way I can be bending the way folks describe getting to this thing. I just hope It's not expensive. I do have an airbag recall so maybe when they have the dash all apart they can change the actuator at the same time. We hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts