Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on my way to work my right signal indicator lit up (not blinking) and stayed on. Then my seat belt warning beeper went off. The beeping stopped after a few minutes, but thr right turn indicator was still on. The beeping started again. I hit the left turn signal and the beeping stopped. The right turn indicator is still on.

So, anybody have a clue on this one??????

HELP!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Never had it happen on a TJ. Had it happen on an 02 Dodge Quad Cab. Replaced the multifunction switch and the problem went away.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that too. I hate that stupid switch. I already disconnected my fogs from it. Its just a pain in the a$# to remove.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
When the indicator is on, either blinking or solid it activates this (from the FSM):

Turn Signal On Warning - The instrument cluster chime tone generator will generate repetitive chime tones at a slow rate to announce that the hard wired input for the right or left turn signal indicator as well as vehicle distance and speed message inputs received from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) over the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) data bus indicate that a turn signal has been active continuously for 1.6 kilometers (1 mile) with the vehicle speed greater than 22 kilometers-per hour (15 miles-per hour). Vehicles built for markets other than the United States and Canada have a revised distance threshold of 4 kilometers for this feature. The chime will continue until the turn signal input becomes inactive or changes (right to left, or left to right), or until the vehicle speed message indicates that the speed is less than 22 kilometers-per hour (15 miles-per-hour), whichever occurs first. The hazard warning flashers will not activate this chime feature.

The reason the indicator is on solid when the lights are on is there is a bad connection in the front parking light or the side marker on that side. That keeps the indicator on solid & the cluster thinks the signal is left on & sends the “warning” you are hearing. The parking light is back feeding into the signal circuit. There is probably a bad bulb or corrosion in one of the sockets or possibly a bad wire between the 2 lights causing this.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its the damn mutifunction switch.
As for installation time, I thought the ignition cylinder had to come out. NOT. Thank goodness. Just ordered new switch.

Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts