Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im just trying to get some feedback on this small problem I have been having. It is just an intermittent problem and happens maybe once every two weeks. So my blinker seems to be sticking in the on position only on the left side for a little while. It seems to be that the solenoid is sticking. any help would be greately appreciated.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, i may not have specified correctly. I think its a solenoid issue. Its not because of the turning. Instead of flashing, it will just turn on and stay on instead of blinking. Its not that it wont turn off, it doesnt blink. just turns on.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Do both the front and rear bulbs light up when its stuck on when you signal? If so I would start with replacing the flasher relay in the steering column right behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do both the front and rear bulbs light up when its stuck on when you signal? If so I would start with replacing the flasher relay in the steering column right behind the steering wheel.
Both bulbs light up, just they tend to stay on. and you said that this relay is behind the steering column?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Both bulbs light up, just they tend to stay on. and you said that this relay is behind the steering column?
Yes. Remove the clam cover for the steering column and the relay is plugged in right about the center of the top of the column right in front of the instrument gauge cluster. You can but the flasher relay at just about any auto parts store. Just make sure its the correct one for the TJ.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. Remove the clam cover for the steering column and the relay is plugged in right about the center of the top of the column right in front of the instrument gauge cluster. You can but the flasher relay at just about any auto parts store. Just make sure its the correct one for the TJ.
Thank you so much. I will try to do this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Also check your Blinker Fluid!
This guy! lol

Quick question... do you have LED bulbs? If so, you need a special flasher module.

Check all of your bulbs to make sure they are connected correctly and that they are the right bulb.

If the above doesn't fix it then you might need a new multi-function switch (the thing with the blinker yoke sticking out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.