Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up. ive got a 2000 TJ . my blinkers wont work at all. check the fuse and its not fried. and everytime i turn on my brights all my lights go out. does anybody know whats up? thanks for your help. later

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
Check your headlight switch and flasher module.

When you say all your lights go out - which lights do you mean? ALL of them (including headlights)?

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
If that's what it does when you pull the switch all the way out - I'd say just replace your headlight switch then; at least pull it and check the continuity on the input, and both output leads (one for park/everything else, one for headlights) to make sure it's working. If it is - check your flasher module.

·
Registered
35 Posts
replace the multi function switch, my head lights started doing the same thing, replaced the switch and eveything is perfect, the switch was 67 dollers at the dealer

·
Registered
489 Posts
friend has the same problem. check for missing bulbs or blown bulbs anywhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased an 01 wrangler sport an the emergency flashers didn’t work. After a few days, now my brake lights, turns signals, or emergency flashers don’t work. When everything worked I saw the flashing green arrows on the dash an herd the clicking sound coming from the relay located on top of the steering column but I don’t have any of that now. Fuse behind glove box is good an I have replaced the relay an still nothing. I have purchased a new multi function turn signals switch but from what I am reading I’m not sure that will fix my problem. Please help

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently purchased an 01 wrangler sport an the emergency flashers didn’t work. After a few days, now my brake lights, turns signals, or emergency flashers don’t work. When everything worked I saw the flashing green arrows on the dash an herd the clicking sound coming from the relay located on top of the steering column but I don’t have any of that now. Fuse behind glove box is good an I have replaced the relay an still nothing. I have purchased a new multi function turn signals switch but from what I am reading I’m not sure that will fix my problem. Please help
make sure you replaced the flasher with the correct one. EP26 IIRC its a weird wiring thing that jeep did that makes your front turn signals flash alternating with the fender signal and if it is not that exact flasher it wont work. it is located under the steering column cover

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced it with an e27. They said that’s the one I needed cause my old one was 5 prong. I searched under the column as well but can’t find any other relays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts