Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I start up the Jeep with AC on HOWEVER for short but differing amounts of time the yellow light in the middle of the right blinks. During this time the AC does not come on. After a minute, a few seconds or a couple of minutes the light stops blinking and the AC starts working.

That light should only come on when the rear defroster is on. I can't find anything in the semi-useless manual that address this condition.

·
Registered
690 Posts
From reading other posts on various forums, it sounds like the HVAC control head is going bad. The blinking light and lack of AC indicates it is doing a blend door position calibration. Once the calibration completes, the system works as intended. The control head is supposed to retain the calibration once it has completed one time, but as the control head goes bad, the calibration is not retained and goes through the process each time the Jeep is started. The part runs between $125 and $150 dollars and others have said it is a 15 minute job to replace it.

Hope this information is helpful. If you want to read more on it it, just Google flashing rear defrost light Jeep Wrangler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Mine does the same thing and has for some time now but the thing always works. I keep thinking I am going to fix it if I can get the right part. But hate to spend a hundy on a part and not change anything. Mine has the fancy temp control settings on the knob. Anyone get the part for that one and have it work correctly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Some of the posts I read had part numbers listed. I’m not sure if any of them were for the auto climate control or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
From reading other posts on various forums, it sounds like the HVAC control head is going bad. The blinking light and lack of AC indicates it is doing a blend door position calibration.

Likely the HVAC control panel. I had the exact same problem. After replacing the control panel, problem solved.

The other potential issue if that doesn’t solve it, is the the blend door actuator. It’s an inexpensive part ~$40 from the big auto parts stores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts