Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put in a 2" BL and a 2.5" RC suspension lift but don't want to use their 2.2 shocks...would you recommend blistein? and if so which ones? 5100?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I would highly recommend the 5100's. They are valved specifically for each vehicle and suspension height and provide a fantastic ride...that will likely never be fully realized because of the poor quality of a rough country lift. Not saying it to be mean or make you feel bad. A lot of people recommend zone and bds as other lower cost, good quality alternatives to the rough country stuff.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I run 5100s and like them more than the Rancho 9000xls and OME I have had . ake sure you measure first to be sure you get the length you actually need . It may of said 2.5" lift on the box but that may not be what you actually end up with so measure for shock length before ordering.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Also, look around on this forum in the vendors section. We had already ordered our Bilstein 5100's elsewhere and they were stuck on backorder for TWO MONTHS. They're at the post office now, waiting to be picked up at long last. But, there was a vendor on here that had them in stock, ready to ship, and for less money. So, send some PMs to vendors on here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm running 2.5" RC lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks. I am very pleased with my ride quality.

·
Registered
200 Posts
a 2.5" RC suspension lift .... blistein 5100

I just had that put on mine about 250 miles ago. Personally I wouldn't say there was much of a significant improvement in the ride,,, at least not like you would think by the way some people talk about the 5100's. That's just my opinion based on the difference between my before and after. Some people say RC isn't good. I don't know, maybe that is why I don't see much difference.

However, I am satisfied and don't regret getting them. The previous owner had a spacer lift with some shocks that didn't appear to have a brand name on them so I don't know what they were. The back two had to be replaced when I bought it and I just put Rancho RS5000's on there but didn't change the front. After I put a on a winch it sagged in the front and that is why I took out the spacers and put the springs in and I put the Bilsteins on because I got them for a good deal.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got RC 4" lift with bilstien 5100s and couldn't be happier. When I got the jeep it had the RC shocks and when I installed the 5100s it was night and day. That being said, I've been fixing the mistakes the PO made with the lift and the RC springs are soon going to be replaced as well, they ride good enough for now, I've prioritized my funds on other important upgrades first (SYE, Novak shifter, control arms, track bars, steering, brakes etc) if you have the funds I'd spend the money on better coils off the bat, do it right the first time so you only spend the money once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts