Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 TJ 2.4 blower motor under the dash. I thought I fixed it the other day because I wiggled the plug and it came on. Well of course it stopped working again. I moved the plug again and it came off and would go off if you moved the plug. Well while holding the plug in place it started to get pretty dang hot. Mod I need to replace the plug or motor itself?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
That the plug was getting hot is a clear sign the motor is now drawing way too much current which means its windings have started to short out. So at a minimum you need to replace the fan motor which is a fairly simple job.

Odds are good that while it was drawing all that extra current that it could have partially melted some of the wiring or the connector so take a good look at all that as you may have to replace wiring, resistor pack, switch, etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also run a search on this forum. There are many threads on this. That is how I fixed my blower. Mine happened to be the speed selector switch but I learned about all the other stuff between this forum and Youtube videos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts