Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one dead position on the blower switch of my 06 TJ. I thought I would just replace the switch as most are cheap and easy to get. Haven't done any trouble shooting on resistor or anything. Well, I found out they only sell the entire set of HVAC controls along with the panel and knobs for the 05-06 Wranglers, $150 or more.
Does anyone out there know if the switch only is replaceable and where to find one? Used is not out of the question.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
If it is a bad speed switch you can modify a 2004 type slightly to fit according to these links. First check the switch. Unplug the 5 wire connector & make a jumper wire & put one end into the terminal with the dark blue/white wire & with the key on put the other end into each of the other 4 terminals. You should get each of the 4 speeds. If one is dead the switch is not the problem, the resistor or wiring to it are bad unless the “missing” speed happens to be high. If all 4 work with the jumper but only 3 with the switch, the switch is bad.

Replacement Blower Motor Switch (2005 TJ) - JeepForum.com

This one has photos of the mod needed

2006 A/C Fan Control Switch - JeepForum.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update. Tested the circuit and switch was good. Replaced resistor and all is good.
Thanks again to RUBI.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Good work!

Troubleshooting the circuit saved you either a lot of $$$ or a few $$ & modifying a switch. Neither of which would have fixed it.

And thanks for posting results. That may help the next guy searching here with a similar problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts