Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need direction ... my heater was working between # 1& #2 only was starting to melt plugs at resistor & selector ... replaced switch panel .... resistor ... blower motor ... now not working at all .... checked every fuse under dash & under hood all looked good used test light at switch plug no light .... is there an inline fuse somewhere hidden .... hate electrical .... thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is s relay for the heater. Also check the harness for frayed r broken wires. It did get hot so it might be a short lurking around under ur dash

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My money is on the resister pack. Classic symptoms. $25 bucks to replace. You can find a how to vid on YouTube, or google for a write up. Since it worked on only a few settings that's what points to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blower motor new ... resistor new ...twice ...switch new .... changed to old blower .. nothing back to new one ... looking for short ...

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Did you change the relay? If that's not it I put money on melted wire harness on back of the panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i finally found it .... totaly my fault ... i changed the resistor plug ..was a little melted ... not it ... i didn't plug the blower motor in right wasn't connecting right ... such an idiot ... thanks for all the help

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i finally found it .... totaly my fault ... i changed the resistor plug ..was a little melted ... not it ... i didn't plug the blower motor in right wasn't connecting right ... such an idiot ... thanks for all the help
Ain't that the way it always goes? And, its spring time. So you won't even need the heater for much longer.

But you did it! Yay!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts