Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a running adventure log of my (new to the family) 94 YJ nicknamed the Blue Devil Travel'n, Camp'n, Wheel'n, Mud'n etc...

First Week: Country roads Oak Glen, CA.
Good Buffalo Burgers and fries.
IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2066 (2).jpg

The Hawks Head Public House.
Meat pies, fruit pies, berry pick'n, hatchet throwing :)

IMG_2057 (3).jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

John D

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
09-11-19 Guffy Camp ANF

Guffy camp, elevation 8,100 ft perched up on a ridge near Wrightwood.
Six mile dirt road doable by just about any vehicle in Summer (Closed winter).

Next day: To Lupine. Last pic shows the valley we'll be heading down to Lupine Camp 4x4 ONLY.

YJ_Guffy_1.jpg

YJ_Guffy_2.jpg

IMG_2130 (2).jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x4 to Lupine

Down to Lupine Camp about three miles and 6,500 ft elevation.

IMG_2099.jpg

THIS! Was in our way...

IMG_2097 (2).jpg

IMG_2103 (2).jpg

Luckily, found a bypass and made it to the camp for lunch.

IMG_2112 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Just a running adventure log of my (new to the family) 94 YJ nicknamed the Blue Devil Travel'n, Camp'n, Wheel'n, Mud'n etc...

First Week: Country roads Oak Glen, CA.
Good Buffalo Burgers and fries.
View attachment 4173937

View attachment 4173939

The Hawks Head Public House.
Meat pies, fruit pies, berry pick'n, hatchet throwing :)

View attachment 4173941

View attachment 4173949

John D
About 3.5 miles from my house when you were mowing down that buffalo burger John!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice way to record all the fun!

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About 3.5 miles from my house when you were mowing down that buffalo burger John!
Sweet! You really "are" in the middle of SoCal :) lived half my childhood out there cowboy boots and all.

John D

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ship me one of those buffalo burgers buddy :lmao:
The buffalo ranch,estate, and restaurant could be yours for $26 million. Don't know it is still on the market but the backstory "Ca lottery winner buys..." perked my interest in checking it out.

John D

Reactions: dukcaln

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Ship me one of those buffalo burgers buddy :lmao:
Coming right up J!

The buffalo ranch,estate, and restaurant could be yours for $26 million. Don't know it is still on the market but the backstory "Ca lottery winner buys..." perked my interest in checking it out.

John D
Interesting story behind that.... my friend Glen in Cherry Valley where we built the shop behind his house and do the majority of all the projects we do, well, they previously lived in a nearly identical house built by the same builder in Yucaipa.

We were contemplating building a larger shop on the Yucaipa property, when, lo and behold, someone knocked on the door and made them an offer on the property they couldn’t refuse.... It was the lottery winners. They bought quite a number of properties in Yucaipa and Oak Glen.

So that is how the Cherry Valley property came to be, and the shop that is our refuge.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coming right up J!

Interesting story behind that.... my friend Glen in Cherry Valley where we built the shop behind his house and do the majority of all the projects we do, well, they previously lived in a nearly identical house built by the same builder in Yucaipa.

We were contemplating building a larger shop on the Yucaipa property, when, lo and behold, someone knocked on the door and made them an offer on the property they couldn’t refuse.... It was the lottery winners. They bought quite a number of properties in Yucaipa and Oak Glen.

So that is how the Cherry Valley property cam to be, and the shop that is our refuge.
Sweet,
Seems like a lottery success story--hopefully they are bringing good things to communities there.

John D

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rivers, Rock and Mud

The local water hole where rednecks and millennials alike--get dirty...

rivercrossing1.jpg

threadtrees.jpg

muddn.jpg

cj.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts