Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here participate in yesterdays Blue Line Crew and MAGA Train?

I was about 2 miles from the front and pulled out as the caravan was headed to the afterparty. The AZ DOT said the train was 34 miles long. This video is just me going forward for about 1.5 miles on my way home. It's awesome to know that it was going on just like this for 30+ miles behind me. It started at Lake pleasant and went around the Phoenix freeway system.

I was flying a thin blue line flag. Check out the number of Jeeps in the line!

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
I love my Arizona. Try that in Kalifornia and some nut job will shoot at you.

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I love my Arizona. Try that in Kalifornia and some nut job will shoot at you.
Clearly evidenced yesterday in S.F. .. Conservatives must stop being pacifists - gotta stand up - do as they do.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We do have quite a few nut jobs, but the news makes it sound much much worse than it really is.
I'm good with most of the California landscape, just have to stay off of the coast. Orange County was always red and just in 2018 they voted blue for the first time in memory. My employer is based there, so I try to pay attention.

I think pockets of Cali could still go red and hopefully a few more congresspersons... The house is saturated with Democrats from California.

Reactions: bill61

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
I’m familiar with the Orange Curtain. Most of the rural areas are fine. The major metros are cuckoo. A good friend has lived his entire life in CA and lives in Sac City and is dumbfounded about what is going on there right now.

Reactions: cecesjeep

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think most issues such as homeless are just ways for those in power to create high paying jobs for their family and friends. Los Angeles alone is spending something like $100 Million on homelessness. I don't know how much San Francisco is spending, but I hear BART smells like vomit from junkies throwing up.
They haven't really reduced the numbers, they have housed quite a few but not enough to justify the money spent. I don't pretend to know the answers to many of the issues, but pockets getting lined is not the answer either.

·
Registered
261 Posts
as someone who works in the center of hollywood i can tell you the homelessness problem is totally out of hand, LAPD is completely powerless against homeless people they build structures, throw trash in the streets, walk around naked, shit on the streets. its absolutely horrible and all cops do is drive by them and i understand why because the city has taken away all their authority. hell i even saw a homeless guy spinning a revolver on his finger once walking down the street i have no idea if it was real or not but its terrifying considering the state wants to disarm the good people.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think most issues such as homeless are just ways for those in power to create high paying jobs for their family and friends. Los Angeles alone is spending something like $100 Million on homelessness. I don't know how much San Francisco is spending, but I hear BART smells like vomit from junkies throwing up.
They haven't really reduced the numbers, they have housed quite a few but not enough to justify the money spent. I don't pretend to know the answers to many of the issues, but pockets getting lined is not the answer either.
And why do you think all the homeless people end up in places like LA, and for example, not Phoenix? I'll give you a hint - tents don't have air conditioning. And yes, I realize there are some homeless people in Phoenix.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Anyone here participate in yesterdays Blue Line Crew and MAGA Train?

I was about 2 miles from the front and pulled out as the caravan was headed to the afterparty. The AZ DOT said the train was 34 miles long. This video is just me going forward for about 1.5 miles on my way home. It's awesome to know that it was going on just like this for 30+ miles behind me. It started at Lake pleasant and went around the Phoenix freeway system.

I was flying a thin blue line flag. Check out the number of Jeeps in the line!

It's so weird that no other living president has had massive hordes of followers waving flags with his name on them in huge events like this. Normally when people gather to support a US president they wave a tastefully sized US flag. I guess the message is that Trump supporters care more about Trump than about the United States. Oh, and some of them care more about law enforcement than the country as a whole. At least those are the messages the rest of us are seeing.

Here is an idea - Maybe try flying a normal US flag, and JUST a normal US flag. Show that your number 1 concern is for the good of the nation as a whole. Unless your concern is more self-centered than that. If that is the case, then carry on.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
It’s called a peaceful protest. I didn’t see any cities getting burned down so all is well.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's so weird that no other living president has had massive hordes of followers waving flags with his name on them in huge events like this. Normally when people gather to support a US president they wave a tastefully sized US flag. I guess the message is that Trump supporters care more about Trump than about the United States. Oh, and some of them care more about law enforcement than the country as a whole. At least those are the messages the rest of us are seeing.

Here is an idea - Maybe try flying a normal US flag, and JUST a normal US flag. Show that your number 1 concern is for the good of the nation as a whole. Unless your concern is more self-centered than that. If that is the case, then carry on.
You are entitled to your opinion...

And your perception of the message couldn't be further from the truth.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
The thing is these supporters are smiling, laughing, dancing, singing, and just having a good time. Contrast that to what we see on the other side, somber, depressed, hostility and contempt. Is seems like a pretty obvious choice to me what America I want.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Protest against what? Because it doesn’t seem to be a protest at all. It seems like idolatry.
You do realize that a protest doesn't need to be against something, it can be for something.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it’s the perception of a large percentage of the American population. So if you want to successfully relay your actual message, you might consider changing how you are sharing it
Only the far left... It's ok, we see your message as the destruction of the constitution, the destruction of law enforcement, backed by the fact that you support and allow burning of cities, riots and looting of private business. The Democratic Party is on record saying we need MORE of that. That is what we see... We see that you want waste 100 Trillion on a Green New Deal that is a farce, your party is on record saying you want to trash the second amendment, and honestly, you don't care about the will of the people. Attempting to undo the 2016 election with the first ever in our entire history, a completely politically motivated impeachment attempt... Not to mention the fake dossier that your last candidate paid for as an attempt to cheat in the 2016 election. That's what we are protesting...

I'm glad you're passionate about your position on us, as wrong as it may be. The first amendment gives us both that right, please leave it alone. It seems silencing opinion that is different from yours is also part of your party platform.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Going to shut this one down on my own... Original post in the Arizona forum was to ask if any Arizonan's participated in the event since there were hundreds of Jeeps there. Not intended to be a partisan political debate, especially this close to an election.

To my friends on the left and the right, it's clear that we are more divided than any time in our history. And if we sat down and had a cup of coffee, we would likely find we agree on a lot more than we disagree on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.