Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2013 JKUS. It came with the 430N HU but when I press the phone or uconnect buttons, it says "not available".

I called UConnect and they said I don't have bluetooth available.

Is it possible/cost effective to add that to the existing HU aftermarket? I don't care as much about the phone; I really just want to stream from my iPhone.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 JKUS. It came with the 430N HU but when I press the phone or uconnect buttons, it says "not available". I called UConnect and they said I don't have bluetooth available. Is it possible/cost effective to add that to the existing HU aftermarket? I don't care as much about the phone; I really just want to stream from my iPhone. Any suggestions are appreciated!
You can use the Aux input or a separate bluetooth speaker which would also let you use the phone. I had a Jabra Tour in my first Jeep. Worked great for phone. I just put my music on the hard drive and called it good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Zigafu, it should work on the 430. Try this

Step 1: Make sure your Bluetooth phone is paired to the stereo
Step 2: play music on your phone (Pandora iTunes, Google Music, whatever you use)
Step 3: On touchscreen radios, press the media button on your radio, and select AUX. Give it about 10 seconds, and it should start to play. Make sure the phones media volume is up all the way

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 JKUS. It came with the 430N HU but when I press the phone or uconnect buttons, it says "not available". I called UConnect and they said I don't have bluetooth available. Is it possible/cost effective to add that to the existing HU aftermarket? I don't care as much about the phone; I really just want to stream from my iPhone. Any suggestions are appreciated!
I added the Mopar Bluetooth module and had it flashed at the dealer so the Jeep recognized it. I bought a usb cable and mounted it above my cup holders. Honestly, it sounds a lot worse to my ears through usb or Bluetooth than just plugged in to the front 3.5mm aux jack.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,414 Posts

Step 2: play music on your phone (Pandora iTunes, Google Music, whatever you use)
Step 3: On touchscreen radios, press the media button on your radio, and select AUX. Give it about 10 seconds, and it should start to play. Make sure the phones media volume is up all the way
Does that work even without the Connectivity Package?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Just purchased a 2013 JKUS. It came with the 430N HU but when I press the phone or uconnect buttons, it says "not available".

I called UConnect and they said I don't have bluetooth available.

Is it possible/cost effective to add that to the existing HU aftermarket? I don't care as much about the phone; I really just want to stream from my iPhone.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
I've done what you're looking to do. I'll post the links to the parts I bought when I'm not on my phone. You just need the uconnect nodule and the steering wheel controls. Took me about 45 minutes to do. That was my first time taking my dash off so I went slow and took my time.

I picked up a lockpick off a forum member here. If you do that you can skip the dealer flash. I planned on adding a backup camera so that was a simple decision.

However if you're main goal is to just steam. There are cheaper options for sure.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
It'll only work on the 430 radio if the Uconnect module is installed in the vehicle. The OP would need to add the MOPAR kit PN 82212159 and the optional USB cable PN 82212160 then install the kit. After the install is done, the vehicle has to be flashed by the dealer to sales code "RSP" in order for the vehicle's CAN Network to turn it on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'll only work on the 430 radio if the Uconnect module is installed in the vehicle. The OP would need to add the MOPAR kit PN 82212159 and the optional USB cable PN 82212160 then install the kit. After the install is done, the vehicle has to be flashed by the dealer to sales code "RSP" in order for the vehicle's CAN Network to turn it on.
Thanks! It turns out that this is my problem - no connectivity package, so no bluetooth abilities.

Thanks to everyone for your comments!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts