Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my name says I have a 2015 JKU. I got it in October, I have the connectivity package, bluetooth, connect the whole 9 yards. Recently i've noticed that when i have my iPod touch connected via bluetooth it suddenly disconnects and switches back to the regular radio. It's pretty frustrating that it usually doesn't reconnect unless I pull over turn the Jeep off and then try to reconnect once it's back on.

Has anyone else had this problem and have a fix for it?

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
I have seen similar issue like this and one thing that has helped is rebooting the iPod. This isn't the same as simply turning it off and then back on. There are different ways to do this depending on which pod that you have. Below is a link that will help you with this.

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

Another thing that will be helpful is looking at the USB connector when this happens, there is a halo light around the connector. Does that light stay on when the ipod drops out? If so then the reboot should definitely help.

As my name says I have a 2015 JKU. I got it in October, I have the connectivity package, bluetooth, connect the whole 9 yards. Recently i've noticed that when i have my iPod touch connected via bluetooth it suddenly disconnects and switches back to the regular radio. It's pretty frustrating that it usually doesn't reconnect unless I pull over turn the Jeep off and then try to reconnect once it's back on.

Has anyone else had this problem and have a fix for it?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
2014 JKUS with 130 radio with Sirius and u connect.

My Bluetooth no longer works as well. Rebooted two phones. Still no help.

Question: The USB plug in the center console - the halo light stays on all the time - key out of ignition- halo light still on. Is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
9,114 Posts
2014 JKUS with 130 radio with Sirius and u connect.

My Bluetooth no longer works as well. Rebooted two phones. Still no help.

Question: The USB plug in the center console - the halo light stays on all the time - key out of ignition- halo light still on. Is this normal?
Yes. It is just illumination to help you find it in there.

I believe it is tied to the lighting around the cup holders.

Aldo

·
Super Moderator
9,114 Posts
I am not an iPhone user, but I had similar issues awhile back.

It ended up being the phone priorities conflicting with other Bluetooth uses.

I ended having to delete my cell phones and pair them again.

Good luck,

Aldo

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same issues as well. Playing music thru bluetooth and will just drop and go to radio automatically. I dont have to reboot the it, iphone btw, or reconnect to bluetooth to stereo. I can just go and change it back to "aux" and hit play on the phone and it starts again. Frustrating tho. My Sirius loses signal to at times for no reason. The stereo needs to go, I might have to change that out sooner than I wanted.

·
Super Moderator
9,114 Posts
I have the same issues as well. Playing music thru bluetooth and will just drop and go to radio automatically. I dont have to reboot the it, iphone btw, or reconnect to bluetooth to stereo. I can just go and change it back to "aux" and hit play on the phone and it starts again. Frustrating tho. My Sirius loses signal to at times for no reason. The stereo needs to go, I might have to change that out sooner than I wanted.
Yes, I now recall seeing a thread on this very same issue by another iPhone/iPod user.

IIRC, the iPhone was fighting with the iPod for Bluetooth connection.

Do a search.

Good luck,

Aldo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts