Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to know what you thought about the boa bumper from olympic? I found out they only work 2 city's from where i lived and it might just be easier to get product from them instead of having to do the whole shipping process. Just wondering what you guys thought about either the Boa bumper (regular one) or extreme one? any thought on whether i should buy from them or try something else?

I found there website and put up a link
230 - Boa Basic Bumper Jeep Wrangler Jk 2007 to current | Olympic 4X4 Products for over 60 years
(this is the regular bumper)
272 - Boa Extreme Front Bumper Jeep Wrangler Jk 2007 to current | Olympic 4X4 Products for over 60 years
(this is the extreme one)

·
Registered
504 Posts
looks pretty good for a mall crawler. If you live in an area where deer frequently cross the road or you might on occasion have a need to tackle an errant shrubbery, it doesn't look like much protection. Its safe to say you're not interested in a recovery bumper, hope you don't get stuck.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I remember back in the day when I sold my first TJ and bought another TJ,I had a tube bumper on the first. When I ran into the guy like a few weeks later the bumper was bent outward in the middle really bad. I asked what he did and he told me that hooked it up to a strap because he was stuck. (I always hooked to the frame). He said it didn't even give any resistance to the pull. LOL. Point of this story? STAY AWAY FROM TUBE BUMPERS!!!!!! ****EDIT**** I put a Hanson stubby on the new one......

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I didnt even think about getting stuck and getting pulled out. I saw the winch on the picture and figured ehh ill be ok but in reality........ I dont even have a winch xD Lol
Maybe if I welded some tow hooks to where the frame hooks up to the bumper? that would fix that issue right? Just trying to avoid the shipping is all

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wow I didnt even think about getting stuck and getting pulled out. I saw the winch on the picture and figured ehh ill be ok but in reality........ I dont even have a winch xD Lol
Maybe if I welded some tow hooks to where the frame hooks up to the bumper? that would fix that issue right? Just trying to avoid the shipping is all
I understand the "trying to avoid the shipping" but you get what you pay for. There are recovery bumpers that don't cost $1K+. Its an investment, that not only will help you get out when you get stuck, but will protect the bigger investment behind it...your JEEP and YOU. Do you really want to skimp?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thant's true thanks, wasn't looking at the whole picture

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yeah, there are a LOT of bumpers in the $3-400.00 range that look good on Quadratec.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts