Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am a huge nerd.

I have been solidly obsessed with Star Wars for my 25 years on earth. While pondering some themes for my Jeep, I decided I need something Star Wars related. Boba Fett seems like an obvious choice since a) he is a total badass and b) the ruggedness of a Jeep lends itself well to the bounty hunter lifestyle!

Here is my '12 currently:

I want to have these decals made for each side of the Jeep above the "Wrangler" decal (I plan on disposing of the "Sport" decal):

And of course, my Boba Fett bobble head:

Any other ideas? I think I want to get "Wrangler" Decals that are more subdued, like flat black maybe.

Perhaps some other Star Wars fans can appreciate the project... :)

·
Registered
1979 CJ-7 Renegade
6,414 Posts
Hehe, welcome to the club! :p Huge SW nerd here, too. I have Rebel Alliance decals on each side of my Jeep (I removed both Wrangler and Unlimited stickers) in flat black.

I haven't decided on anything else yet, just because I prefer subtle to overdoing it. Toying with the idea of the "Red 5" call-sign as a decal in the SW font, for the side of the hood (where Rubicon normally is), but haven't quite convinced myself of that one yet.

We've posted in this thread, but it's been awhile; there's also another that did Boba Fett. :)

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/so-i-started-a-theme-for-my-jeep-170613.html

And there's also the awesome Stormtrooper build:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/project-storm-trooper-my-white-white-white-2012-jkur-158510.html

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw man, I didn't think anyone else had a Fett Jeep! :/

That Stormtrooper one is super nice!

·
Registered
30 Posts
You should replace your antennea with one like on his helmet. Doubt anybody makes one but taht would be cool.

I'm 33 and never saw a moment of star wars untill 2 weeks ago. I watched them all in order, then backwards over a weekend. I'm hooked. Boba Fett was my favorie guy too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great looking Jeeps ladies and gentlemen! I wanted to build a Boba Fett/Mandalorian Jeep - in Billet. I could get the optioned I wanted on a Billet JKUR though so I have a Storm Trooper (Stormie) instead.

And now I have some inspiration and new ideas!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Being a Star Wars fan myself. How is it that Boba Fett is a "badass"??? Has he ever caught any bounties?? From what I gather, he just has cool armor and a helmet, which is more than likely an old hand-me-down from his father. Other than wearing cool clothes, what has he done??? LOL.. But cool idea for a Jeep. I like the Storm Trooper, Sand trooper themed ones...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
afd660 said:
Being a Star Wars fan myself. How is it that Boba Fett is a "badass"??? Has he ever caught any bounties?? From what I gather, he just has cool armor and a helmet, which is more than likely an old hand-me-down from his father. Other than wearing cool clothes, what has he done??? LOL.. But cool idea for a Jeep. I like the Storm Trooper, Sand trooper themed ones...
Lol, you need to read into the "expanded" Star Wars universe. Fett has an interesting story and was a very successful bounty hunter... Also, he survived the sarlaac pit! :) I suggest checking out the Wookipedia!

And yeah, mainly he looks coolest :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Any character can be a badass in a book. Look at Harry Potter. LOL. But the movie is a different story, we all know the movies is what counts.

He survived the sarlaac pit because of the armor his father probably handed down to him. Have you heard him scream when he fell into the pit?? Thats not a manly scream.

Taken from BobaFetts bio: Not long before the Battle of Hoth, Boba Fett and several other hunters captured Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, imprisoning them on Ord Mantell.
So he needed the help of other hunters to catch Han and Luke, if he was such a badass he could have done it himself.

Boba Fett is a future version of this guy....

Attachments

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Aw man, I didn't think anyone else had a Fett Jeep! :/

That Stormtrooper one is super nice!
I already have a Boba Fett Jeep. Mine is silver and Boba's ship was silver, so I figured it'd make a good platform.

Oh, wait, I am Boba Fett, so that's why I have a "Boba Fett" Jeep. :D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well damn. I don't have any other ideas for themes.

Since its black, I could always do a TIE pilot or something. Maybe. Eh...

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Well damn. I don't have any other ideas for themes.

Since its black, I could always do a TIE pilot or something. Maybe. Eh...
I'm kidding, I don't really have a "Boba Fett" themed Jeep. Why would I need a Boba Fett" Jeep when I AM Boba Fett? :D

You could always go with a "Jar Jar" theme. I mean, we all know how cool he is! :rofl:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh god, not Jar Jar! We mute whatever we are watching as soon as he appears. Jar Jar is the worst thing Lucas ever did to SW... And he did ALOT of stupid stuff to the movies in recent years!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Am I the only one that likes Jar Jar? Sure he is kinda annoying and they should have left him out of all movies except episode I, but I think he is funny :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jar jar sucks almost ruined the first 3 episodes for me. And i am a huge star wars fan. Two thumbs waaaay down.

So you mean there is a "good" episode.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Oh god, not Jar Jar! We mute whatever we are watching as soon as he appears. Jar Jar is the worst thing Lucas ever did to SW... And he did ALOT of stupid stuff to the movies in recent years!
I can't fart loud enough to express my opinion of Jar Jar or any of those other stupid CGI characters. Sebulba sucked, too. General Grevis was ALMOST cool.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts