Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's a mute point now, but I'm picking up a set of "Body Armor 4x4 Trail Doors" via Craigslist, for my wife's TJ today, just curious what you guys think of them...

Being new to the Wrangler world, I'd appreciate some recommendations for mirrors. We have the full doors and hard top, so when the doors come off so do the mirrors.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've been eyeing them myself for some time now, but don't have the funds for them, but I do have there bumper and I have nothing bad to say about the quality, but as far as recommendations on mirrors I don't have any advice. But hopefully someone will pipe in on the mirrors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been eyeing them myself for some time now, but don't have the funds for them, but I do have there bumper and I have nothing bad to say about the quality, but as far as recommendations on mirrors I don't have any advice. But hopefully someone will pipe in on the mirrors.
Thanks, I'll post up some pictures once I get them. $220 used once, by and old lady on a Sunday. :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've run the Body Armor doors for a little over a year and can't say anything bad about them. IMO, If the price is right I wouldn't hesitate. You can find Mirror relocation brackets through several vendors. I have the Skid Row off-road relocation brackets. This way you don't have to go back and forth with the mirrors when doors are on/off.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I saw a thread on a website somewhere (maybe here) where somewhere was using a Harley motorcycle mirror. Personally, unless it's a legal thing in your state, I've found that with the top down the mirror on the windshield and a quick glance over each shoulder worked fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a thread on a website somewhere (maybe here) where somewhere was using a Harley motorcycle mirror. Personally, unless it's a legal thing in your state, I've found that with the top down the mirror on the windshield and a quick glance over each shoulder worked fine.
Thanks I'll have to double check, but I think Texas requires one side mirror, driver's side.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thanks, I'll post up some pictures once I get them. $220 used once, by and old lady on a Sunday. :D
I've found craigslist is riddled with lil old ladies selling their barely used items. :rofl:

And like said, only to get to church on Sunday. But looks like a nice find!

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
I bit the bullet and got a second pair of mirrors which stay on the trail doors permanently.

Had some initial fitting issues with the doors.
Instructions say some adjustment of the Jeep bottom door hinge may be required.
I didn't want to mess with the Jeep door hinge, so adjusted how the latch mechanism attaches to the trail doors - had to lengthen the slots on the doors the latch mechanism bolts in to. - But as usual, results will vary from jeep to Jeep.

After a day on the trail, the bottom door hinges on the Jeep moved anyway. These hinges had to be loosened and re-straightened before I could get the trail doors off again.

Apart from that, no problems and they look great especially if you run safari straps on the back at the same time :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts