Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the Body Armor rear bumper w/the receiver. Found it at a really good price and it looks good. The receiver is not tow rated... Anyone know if manufacturers just don't want the responsibility. I won't be exceeding the tow rating on my TJ. It says it's military tested.... Whatever that has to do with!?!'. Input would be awesome. Thx

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-bumpers-information.asp?number=BA-TJ-2931

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well it depends on what you want to tow really, if you will tow anything at all. If you want one that is tow rated then keep looking around, there are makers that make similar looking bumpers. Try looking at the Bestop HighRock bumper. It looks almost identical and is tow rated. I hope this helps at all!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thx

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have that bumper with the swing arm and I love it. Easy installation and looks great. Never tried to tow anything with it other than sticking a brake light in the hitch receiver (which broke on the trail). I did have some trouble mounting my 35" tire on it with my 60" high lift mounted but with some washers to space it out it fits like a glove. I dont plan to tow much if anything with it so Im pleased. Good luck!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I love mine...I got the one with tire carrier and works great. The swing is very smooth and place to mount 2 jerry cans and antenna mount. You can get it cheaper at autoanything.com with free shipping. Believe me...you'll be glad that shipping is free cause this thing is heavy with the tire carrier setup. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts