Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hello all.

Looking for some input on the Body Armor Bumpers.

Body Armor 4x4 Part JK-19531 - Front Bumper

Anyone have this?
It looks like its a mid-with?
I am wondering because I plan on getting some new fenders that are not Factory size. Do not want the bumper to stick out past the fenders!
I'm really starting to regret my jeep purchase here. I said I wasn't doing bumpers, but after lift, trackbar, misc other suspension parts and wheels/tires. I need something else to keep the high going.

I want RSE bumper, but price is holding me back. This is one I found tonight and for the price I'm really considering it. However, googling pics of it on jeeps, I think it looks best with flat fenders. I don't need flat fenders so that is where I'm stuck. However, adding lights on the edges helps with stock fender look.

Also, I think skid is needed, at least for the look I want.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a Body Armor bumper front and rear, but not that one. Good looking bumper. I ran a quick Google search, but didn't find the dimensions. You might need to contact Body Armor and ask. My bumpers are not as well powder coated as the rack and basket from them. Not sure why. Also, fitment will take some adjustments if my parts are any indication.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have it and I love the looks. It was a pain in the ass to install. It took me longer to install the bumper than it did to swap the springs and shocks. I ended up having to ream out and cut the mounting holes to a larger size because the bolts would not line up. Unless it was a fluke, the bumper is a lot more work than just a simple bolt-on like they claim.
If I could find one I liked as much at a price I was willing to pay, I would not have bought it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Stos, thanks for posting that pic. It doesn't look bad at all with stock fenders and no winch.

I've been reading up on bumper today and everything I found said it bolted right up with no issues. Wonder is they had a bad batch.

I'm buying from Amazon so I can return if I'm not happy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Love it, have the front and back bumper.
Would you mind posting a side view of rear bumper. Wanted to see how it looks between fender and rear bumper.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Installed the Body Armor Front bumper on my 2012 JK a couple of months ago.

For the 2012 model the crash bar attachment where the side bolts go in did not match with the instructions. There were no holes where indicated and the tab-nuts didn't fit inside the space indicated. The holes in the front didn't exactly match up either but I was able to use a hydraulic jack and longer bolts to pull things in enough to use the supplied hardware.

With all that said I'm very happy with the bumper for the money. The finish and Look are exactly what I was looking for.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts