Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have recommendations for door locks for the body armor doors. I hear everyday someone getting something stolen from their Jeep. I am try to park where I can keep an eye on mine but I would feel better if the doors had some kind of lock. The locks for the OEM Full doors is a different thread. On an other set I had, different brand and style, I drilled through the pin and out a small master lock on them. I can do that with these.Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I used chain around the front bottom tube of each door. I ran the chain through dring shackles with loctite on the pins. The chain was long enough to reach under the front seat. I did the same for the back doors. Then used a lock to connect the chains under the front seat. This keeps the doors from being easily stolen.

I also wrapped the chain with hockey stick grip tape to keep it from rattling. Worked great for me. got the idea from another jeep owner with body armor doors.

image.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
same deal, thought about a bike chain through the oval holes in each door and loop around the pillar between the front and back door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts