Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honking about getting new body armor but I don't know how I feel about drilling into my body. It says minor drilling may be required. It has the holes to be screwed in where my fenders go but does anyone know if I actually have to drill into my body anywhere else or is it just factory holes that it goes into?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
First hole is always the hardest. After that you're much more willing to hack, saw, and cut off metal.

·
Registered
497 Posts
have the same armor, its barricade armor

the holes suck but it was worth it

I hit a ton of trees with it today, also backed into my trash can...(full of old fenders)

was not a big deal to drill, the hardware is top notch

follow the youtube video he posted(thats what I did) and in about 2 hours you will be very happy(unless you cut semi tails into the back like me....took an hour a side)

just wait til you do tube fenders lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
"Minor drilling"... LOL! Any drilling in to sheet metal is a pain. I've screwed up more drill bits on sheet metal than on any other drilling I've done.

I didn't install full corner armor for my Metalcloak rear fenders ( Just the mounting plate for the flares) and I still had to drill about 10 holes per side. By far the longest part of the process. With full armor it will be very similar... Only more holes.

If you're set on doing it then it's not the worst thing in the world. It just takes a ton of patience.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would not put that Chinese armor on my Jeep. You have to drill a lot of holes to attach it. You want a quality item here with quality attaching hardware. I have Savvy full corner armor and sliders. I would also consider the Metacloaks and a few others but in no case anything not made by a well thought of company here in the USA. The Savvy aluminum armor is tough, 6061 T6 aluminum and it fits like a glove and it is a beautiful and positive addition to my Jeep. Better think long and hard about all those holes that will not be useable with any other type of armor, once done, it is done for life. Rivets, no way. The armor needs to be removable, it should go on with screws and nutserts or similar.

J

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
that chinese armor is strong and sits 100% flush with the screws, am I sure savy is better? probably.... but I would rather buy these 4 times..

I think these are a bargain and very strong and has good hardware with 0 rivets.

·
Registered
250 Posts
that chinese armor is strong and sits 100% flush with the screws, am I sure savy is better? probably.... but I would rather buy these 4 times..

I think these are a bargain and very strong and has good hardware with 0 rivets.
Where did you order those? Me like!

·
Registered
497 Posts
extreme terrain ryan is a vendor on here pm him for a discount code

heres the fenders, rock sliders(w/ step) and corners on my tj

sliders fit right into it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts