Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1993 YJ. Most, if not all body bushing are toast.

I have found complete bushing kits (energy suspension, daystar, p-s-t), but not of them come with the bolts.

How do I get the bolts I need?

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
Those are for early 41-68 Jeeps though :confused: Do you still have the old bolts? If so just swing by ace hardware and get some (SAE grade 8 or Metric 8.8 or 10.2) replacements.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you go with daystar the will tell you they dont need to be greased but they lie. they sell some lube for the bushings get it.
mine really squeek, now ive got to pull it back apart cause someone didnt tell me about it. I got the whole kit though. no fun!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
18derrick said:
if you go with daystar the will tell you they dont need to be greased but they lie. they sell some lube for the bushings get it.
mine really squeek, now ive got to pull it back apart cause someone didnt tell me about it. I got the whole kit though. no fun!!
Thanks for the heads up.

After dealing with my mechanic, the online mail order companies, the jeep dealership, etc, I just decided to let the local Jeep shop do it all. They are our neighbors, and they have been doing Jeeps since 1959. It wasn't that expensive to have them do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts