Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just picked up an LJ Rubicon. It had been salvaged and rebuilt. I noticed the transmission pan looks low, it might have a body lift, and the tires calculate out at 31". (255/75R16.) Attached are some pics.

Could I have a body lift on that already?

Is that pan a little low? I know it had a tranny replaced for the rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Looks just like mine, which is stock in regard to both body lift and tcase skid. There are much lower profile skids available, but most of them require either a body lift or hammer-inflicted customizing of the tub.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Can't comment on the body lift but your pan looks stock. If the flange meets the frame it is stock; to relieve vibrations some owners insert washers to lower the transfer case.

In some of my early moderate wheeling, it was never a rock that stopped me - it was climbing over fallen trees and logs that hung me up. I began telling my trail mates I didn't have a shovel ... I had a damn axe hanging down :D

Here are two pictures of mine: Stock, and with Rokmen skid installed. The second picture shows the tape measure at the stock height and the amount of additional ground clearance I got out of it. Did not have any undue problem with the tuck and did *not* have to hammer the tub to get it all stuffed up in there. (NOTE: the belly bolts have not yet been cinched tight. Got another half inch at least to go.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hate how far down the skidplates hang.

That Rokmen skidplate is really nice. I thought you had to do a small body lift to fit it. Yours is going in without one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Imma start researching the next step. I do like the tummy tuck. That might be a nice addition to the old man emu and body lift project.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The Rokmen skid plate went in fine without the body lift ... but I also got their gas tank skid and that required 1/2" BL to tuck up without crimping the supply hoses.

Appears to me as most of the "hang down" interference of the stocker is the strengthening ribs pressed into the flimsy sheet steel. The replacement is simply a brute strengthened internally

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Thanks all. Imma start researching the next step. I do like the tummy tuck. That might be a nice addition to the old man emu and body lift project.
Just remember that shoving your transfer case higher has the same effect on your drive line angles as doing a suspension lift. So if you have a 3" suspension lift, and raise your t-case 2", your drive line is seeing 5" of lift. I realize that you have an LJ therefore a longer drive shaft and less issues with angles, but just be aware of that in your planning stages. You didn't mention what your lift height was. Here's a picture of mine after the UCF ultra high clearance skid and a 1" body lift.....old picture.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts