Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm running a 1.25" body lift and a 3" spring spacer lift with skyjacker shocks and dual steering stabilizer. It's about time to replace it all and since I was happy with the skyjacker I was gonna stick with that. If I were to get the 4" suspension kit, would the body lift have to be messed with? I've never really messed with a body lift before. Also, I was looking at the dual stabilizer and it said for 37" or larger tires, I have 33"s but its the same kit I'm running now, would it still work or should I find a different one? Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The body lift will not affect your suspension, nor will a suspension lift affect the body mounts. You won't have to do anything with your body lift.
As for the steering stabilizer kit, the dual stabilizer won't hurt anything. It's probably overkill for your 33"s, but no big deal. The whole purpose is bigger tires are heavier and can therefor overpower a single stabilizer shock. Feel free to keep your dual kit. The only thing to keep in mind is bigger tires and dual stabilizers will work your power steering harder, so you may want to consider a power steering fluid cooler.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The SL will have no impact on the BL, no worries :) Check out the Zone 4.25 Combo lift if you're interested, its the same thing, but Zone has a pretty good reputation for a low low price, I've hear some not so nice things about skyjacker BUT I've never owned any of there stuff so i personally can't say anything about them.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Depending on your budget I would recommend the Zone 3" lift since you already have the body lift. Or if it affords the DPG Ultimate OME lift. Scrap the dual steering stabilizer. Run a single, the duals will just give you issues and mask steering issues.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Right now I'm running a 1.25" body lift and a 3" spring spacer lift with skyjacker shocks and dual steering stabilizer. It's about time to replace it all and since I was happy with the skyjacker I was gonna stick with that. If I were to get the 4" suspension kit, would the body lift have to be messed with? I've never really messed with a body lift before. Also, I was looking at the dual stabilizer and it said for 37" or larger tires, I have 33"s but its the same kit I'm running now, would it still work or should I find a different one? Thanks!
There are a whole lot better lifts out there than skyjacker. Mine lasted a year before i threw it in the trash. Check out the zone 4.25 combo lift, and just sell off the body part of it since you don't need it. Dual steering stabilizers do NOTHIING except make your power steering pump work harder. They are simply a gimmick. A steering stabilizer (more accurately called a steering dampener) is simply there to ease jars to the steering linkage from potholes etc. You should be able to drive your jeep without a stabilizer and notice no difference

·
Registered
146 Posts
Depending on your budget I would recommend the Zone 3" lift since you already have the body lift. Or if it affords the DPG Ultimate OME lift. Scrap the dual steering stabilizer. Run a single, the duals will just give you issues and mask steering issues.
:facepalm:
idk why i suggested the 4.25 even though he already had the BL :doh::banghead::pullinghair:

·
Registered
146 Posts
There are a whole lot better lifts out there than skyjacker. Mine lasted a year before i threw it in the trash. Check out the zone 4.25 combo lift, and just sell off the body part of it since you don't need it. Dual steering stabilizers do NOTHIING except make your power steering pump work harder. They are simply a gimmick. A steering stabilizer (more accurately called a steering dampener) is simply there to ease jars to the steering linkage from potholes etc. You should be able to drive your jeep without a stabilizer and notice no difference
Or he could use the Zone BL in the kit and now he has some red paper weights :whistling:

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Or he could use the Zone BL in the kit and now he has some red paper weights :whistling:
The Zone 4.25 lift comes with a 1" motor mount lift that does away with the need for a t-case drop like the straight 3" suspension lift has. You could easily sell off the 1.25" body lift part of it for the difference in cost since you already have the body lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts