Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK so my problem is this, I bought some steps so my wife can get in my jeep, as it sits it has a 3" body lift from the previous owner, it has new 33's I have a 2" coil booster that im going to install but I cant lower it and keep my tires so that option is off the table ( I know from reading other posts that most people dont like body lifts, I dont either but as my budget goes, its stays lol) ok so I have the passenger side on(step) but when removing the body mount bolts on the drivers side it sheared off. the rear bolt its lose and my plan was to loosen the middle body mount and see if I can get the blocks out to address the the broken bolt when...... the middle sheared off too.. there is still enough of the bolts in the blocks to keep me from just pulling them out.. short of taking the whole F'N body loose what tricks do you suggest? this project is nickel and dimming me to death!

:atomic: :censored::whacky::pcwhack:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL well if I had the money and time I would take out the body lift and do it right (suspension) but... need ground clearance not frame clearance lol

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
LOL well if I had the money and time I would take out the body lift and do it right (suspension) but... need ground clearance not frame clearance lol
True that. Back in mid-late 80's we used to Body Lift our Toyota Pick-ups.
With IFS a body lift was the way to go.

good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Back to your initial question. Can you get a reciprocating saw blade in there or a Dremel multi-purpose in there to get the sheared bolts out? Then replace them.
With no pics, I'm trying to envision your working area.

Don't try loosening the other bolts w/o PB blaster'ing the crap out of them, they are shearing because they are seized/rusted. IF you can vibrate them loose (Not just muscling them) you can get some room to get a blade in there.
That's where air tools come in handy, lower the torque and just let the vibration shake the shit out of a seized/rusted fastener.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they broke off inside the lift blocks (3") so theres no way to blast them... Im going to have to cut thru the blocks and replace them.. its the only way not to butcher the floors trying to drill them out from the top..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts