Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much of a difference in ride quality between a BL using poly versus plastic?

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
I would guess it won't change enough to be noticeable since it's not as drastic as changing a suspension componet.

....but I'm a dumb dumb.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
In addition to his question concerning poly vs. plastic......could we get some opinions on who makes a quality 1" BL? I don't know if I should get a BL that's just spacers, or a BL that's whole new mounts.......
Thanks in advance....
Jordan

·
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like all the poly are spacers where as the plastic are all new mounts. I would guess that replacing the whole mount would be better, but then again it's plastic so I don't know. Did that help. :D

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
It seems like all the poly are spacers where as the plastic are all new mounts. I would guess that replacing the whole mount would be better, but then again it's plastic so I don't know. Did that help. :D

It does help. I asked for opinions and I got one from you. I've been told the JKS body lifts are a quality lift, are they spacers or new mounts? And are they poly or plastic? I guess I should PM Tiny...I think that's what she's got on hers. Thanks for the input!! :)

·
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The JKS ones are poly. I was looking at those also, but noticed a difference in price between the poly and plastic. That's how this whole thing started. 4x4rockshop has a pretty good combo deal going. The JKS BL and a MML for 179.95 and with free shipping.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
The JKS ones are poly. I was looking at those also, but noticed a difference in price between the poly and plastic. That's how this whole thing started. 4x4rockshop has a pretty good combo deal going. The JKS BL and a MML for 179.95 and with free shipping.

That's a great deal.....I think I'll order mine today or tomorrow. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
if you have older than lieka 2000 then i would get the full replacemetn anything newer and your fine with jus tthe plastic spacers

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
if you have older than lieka 2000 then i would get the full replacemetn anything newer and your fine with jus tthe plastic spacers
Mine's an '05 with only 22,000 miles, so I think I'll be ok.....
:punk:

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I personally have full replacement pucks instead of just spacers. Same with my MML. I didn't go with just spacers I went with full replacement motor mounts. In my opinion less parts means less chances for failure.

My body lift is a Daystar and my MM's are MORE.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I went with the prothane body lift which replaced the whole set up. It is a very nice kit and heavy duty as well. I would say the different between Poly and Plastic is that Plastic will "dry out" over time and cannot take as much abuse as Poly can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts