Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body Lift, MML, Fan and Shifter Alignment and 35" Tires

I was looking at the body/frame mounts on my '06 TJ Rubicon and they look kind of perished. I was going to order a set of Crown replacements (they sell a complete kit), but someone on the forum suggested now is the time to do a 1" body lift. So, I looked into that and discovered that the radiator shroud winds up srewed up. Also, I believe the transfer case shifter and transmission shifter wind up 1" off. So, I thought maybe I can do a 1" motor mount lift and then everything will be back in the same location as before. Is this true? (For some background, right now the Jeep is stock. I intend to install a 4" Currie lift in the next 6 months and go from 31" tires to 35" tires.)

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
35s will need 4" of spring plus the 1.25" body lift. You are best off just getting it figured out. None of it is terribly difficult.

The fan shroud is a non issue if you also install a motor mount lift. My t-case shifter didn't need the relocation bracket after adjusting the lever, but I may have been lucky. I have since switched to the Savvy cable shifter.

If you have a manual, you will need to adjust the center console and/or change to a leather shift boot.

The BL/MML was one of the very first mods I did to mine years ago in preparation for the buildup to a tummy tuck and eventually 35s.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I had to relocate my fan shroud even more when I installed my mml. But as jjvw stated it is not difficult. Remove the shroud, drill some new holes, and remount. I didnt have to change my center console or boot after my mml and bl, but I also installed a TT that kept things in relation...

Also--add the 1.25 BL with your 4" suspension lift. Thats the ideal combo for 35s.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
The Bump Stops do a lot to control the axle Swing or Arc as far as contacting fenders and etc. However with that much lift it is the Fuel Tank clearance that is more important. The BL and MML will work fine with a 4.0" SL there by turning the overall lift into a Combo-Lift. Just be aware that any lift changes the swing/arc dynamics of the axles, adjust clearances as needed.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Control arm length is what keeps the rear diff out of the gas tank. They are also what will determine the travel arc of the axles. On taller lifts, adjusting and locating the axles are also part of lifting a Jeep after the bump stops are extended. Bump stops are what keep things from crashing into other things at the top end of that travel arc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts