Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on putting in a body lift/repairing entire frame and tub around all the body mounts. The Body is off the frame, today i removed radiator, fan shroud, and front grill. I went with the prothane 1 inch body lift. My 2 questions concern that front mount under the grill and the 2 fan shroud mounts supplied in the kit. ill post pics and comments to make this simple to read and easy to answer, thanks guys

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Looks like when i put in the new mount, it may hit this cross brace?

Welded in new nut old one was spinning

Frame mount hole

The 2 fan shroud mounts and the front body mount. Question 1: Where do the 2 fan ones go?

Do they replace the black rubber mount in this picture bottom right of grill?

Question 2: Why is the hole in the frame larger than the mount itself?

If anyone has pics, that might help a bit

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Q1. Yes
Q2. Rust

I plated mine and drilled a new hole to fit the mount.

Thanks man. Got it welded and drilled. That cross brace right in front of frame mount that holds the brake lines is in the way now(before the grill slid under now it just hits it). This ever happen to anyone.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
You have to notch the cross brace that holds the brake line to fit around the body lift block.

I did mine with a grinder and a cutoff wheel.

As far as the blocks that you are refering to as fan shroud mounts. they fit on either side of the grill where the small black angled block is. but they fit in between the black block and the grill frame. Atleast mine did. The bolts that hold the blocks on the edge of the grill are a real pain, cause the nuts spin, might not be so bad with the grill off the jeep to fix.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
that frame hole in the center looks like it was torched out by the discoloration in the steel... weird... yeah, you'll want to weld a plate on there w/a hole like pictured ^

not sure where those other two red ones go? anyone else know?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I am about 90% sure those two red one are actually to lower the radiator or the fan shroud (cant remember which), NOT lift it. You want the radiator lowered the same amount that you lift it so that it stays lined up with the fan on the motor since the engine will be staying in the same place. The reason I know this is because my shroud was cut by the PO because he did not know to lower that when he installed the 3"body lift I recently ripped out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts