Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Which lift is the best? Have to have the dealer do it to keep the warranty legit. How much can we expect to pay for either type of lift?

Jeep already came with taller tires but also looking at getting taller, wider tires to make it look badass. Any suggestions on where to possibly find them, online, at a better price than local? (We're in Tulsa, OK)

Happy Jeeping! :thumb:
Cammy

·
Registered
414 Posts
Body lift is cheapest but it leaves a visible gap (most prominent when viewed from the front or back) between the body and frame. Although I have seen some kits that come with a black plastic dam to bridge the gap. Still noticible but at least not a two inch gap. See if you can find good photos or a real world example of a body lifted JKU before you pull the trigger to see if you like it.

If you go with suspension here are some basic points to keep in mind:

1. A 2" kit (spacer or full spring/shock replacement) will generally fit up to 35" tires IF you don't do extreme off roading. Main point on most, if not all, 2" kits is that the brake lines and most times the shocks are not replace with longer parts which limits the amount of downward axle travel that can be safely accomplished without breaking something.

2. Anything over 2", look for a kit that includes shocks and extended brake lines. Some offer a brake line relocation bracket which basically tweaks the brake hard line to allow the hard line/soft line joint to be moved. I don't trust these for the simple reason that it's an easier and better fix to just make an extended brake line.

As to the price, I'm not sure what the dealers charge for kits and labor. Last I knew, there where only a couple of Jeep dealers in Tulsa, Nickels and whoever bought Crown (been a few years). Nickels was my choice when I lived in Tulsa, worked for Crown once about 20 years ago and never trusted them after I left. Of course things may have changed.

Almost forgot, when/if you upgrade your tires, you will probably need to get a good set of wheel spacers to keep the tires from rubbing.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I'm not sure but a suspension lift might screw with your warranty because of changing driveshaft angle..body lift would keep your floorboards cooler because of the space it would add between it and the exhaust and tranny..plus it would not change anything mechanically

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've been shopping around for a 2" suspension lift for my '98 TJ...first quote was from Les Schwab (tire store) for a 1.75" lift at a little over $800. Second quote was from a local 4x4 shop for a 2" lift at just over $500. A dealership would probably be at the higher end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts