Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 1995 Yj and the PO put a 3 inch body lift on it, I have a new bushing kit on order and will be taking off the BL when it arrives. I've tried searching but coming up a little empty on the shocks. Will I have to replace my shocks when I take off the BL? I also have a 2 inch suspension lift that will stay on but just a little confused on the shocks. Also the power steering is leaking which from past searches is more than likely from the BL and not fixing the shaft....If I lower the tub back down should it fix the power steering leak?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Shocks are suspension, and a body lift has nothing to do with suspension. So what ever shocks you have now will remain unchanged if you remove the body lift.

The steering shaft had to be extended if its a 3" body lift. No way out of that. Best to take it off before lowering the body so that it doesn't bind when lowering.

The steering box leak isn't going to just go away if you lower the body. It will need the seal replaced in it. Once it starts leaking, the only fix is replacement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help 0III0forlife.When I remove the body lift will I have to shorten the shaft? Any good write ups that you know of on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts