Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 Rubicon TJ AT.

I've ordered the Rough Country high clearance skid plate, the 1.25 inch body lift, 1 inch motor mount lift, and the rubicon air pump (lockers) relocation bracket.

I believe I can handle installing all of those items.

I researched around and found that I will need to modify my fan shroud.

I know I might need to grind a little to make the transfer case shifter sit where it's supposed to.

Will I run into problems with the shifter? I have an automatic trans.

Do I need to disconnect the filler tube for the gas tank at the cap end? Then what?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks, I'm stoked to have a tummy tuck.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Do I need to disconnect the filler tube for the gas tank at the cap end? Then what?
You shouldn't need to disconnect the filler tube for a 1.25" BL, just temporarily remove the 4 screws that hold the filler/gas cap in place to the tub. After you install the BL, you can put the screws back in.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Its going to look awesome and give you a ton of clearance. Watch your driveline angle. I dont have any experience with that plate so I dont know if you are going to run into trouble with the pinch welds on your tub or not. The Nth degree plate I have pushed the trans so far up it barely cleared with the body lift. You will have to adjust the tcase shifter or get a cable. The trans will be fine. The fan shroud will probably be just fine since you are doing both the motor mount lift and the body lift. just check it when your done. While your down there, check the bolts that hold your motor mounts onto your engine.
What Oil pan skid are you going to run?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully the geometry will be ok. Rough Country required the other stuff for their skid plate. I bought a set of one piece motor mounts that lift the engine 1 inch. Rubicon Express

The body lift came with a transfer case adapter/drop plate.

I had the front drive line made to allow for longer travel. The rear has the double cardigan and should still be fine. (fingers crossed)

Mines an Auto, so have been looking at 2 or three different ones that will cover my trans pan too. I figure I'll get the skid plate and lift on and then look at what I'm dealing with. I plan to just call the different manufactures and ask them if it will work.

Recommendations?

My Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
By doing the 1.25" bl and 1" mml at the same time, odds are very good that you will not have to do anything with the fan shroud...fan and shroud will most likely line up very well.

I recently did a 1.25" body lift and I did have to extend my fuel filler a small amount. Bezel would never have re-attached to the tub other wise. I guess each Jeep is different...

As far as the t-case shifter I installed the Savvy cable shifter, and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I did the Skid row oil pan plate but had to modify it to fit the Nth degree. Came out with around `14" with only a 2" spring lift and 1" body lift. Also have the auto. I liked the skid row because it covers everything.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It wasn't that bad. It took the afternoon. Discovered I had a broken tranny mount in the process. Found one locally in stock. The shroud lines up after it all with no modification.
It was tricky to get the motor lifted an inch.

Butch is happy. Tons of clearance now under the belly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts