Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my 1 inch daystar body lift in the mail today and I plan to replace it with my previous owner's 3 inch body lift ASAP. It looks awful and I'm already running a 4 inch suspension on 35's. So I put together a list of things to do before replacing the 3 inch pucks with 1 inch pucks.

1. Unscrew gas bezel (still don't exactly know how?)
2. Unscrew t case linkage from bottom of tub
3. Just remove fan shroud right? (or remove radiator all together?)
4. And lastly, the daystar body lift i ordered doesn't come with a steering shaft riser bracket so i assume it doesn't need it but I don't exactly know what I'm looking for when looking at the shaft but I think my 3 inch has it. I assume it would really need it. Should I remove this bracket or keep it there upon removal?

Anything else I should be aware of?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Chances are with a 3" body lift,the steering block has some kind of riser. How much, I don't know. I run the Daystar 1" body lift and a Moore !" raised steering block and it works fine. I'd say if the steering block has only been raised partially, you may be okay, but you will have to judge it for yourself. It's just something you'll have to consider while you're doing it.

It's probably just a block between the steering shaft bearing carrier and the frame. If the Daystar didn't come with one, I think I'd be tempted to remove it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chances are with a 3" body lift,the steering block has some kind of riser. How much, I don't know. I run the Daystar 1" body lift and a Moore !" raised steering block and it works fine. I'd say if the steering block has only been raised partially, you may be okay, but you will have to judge it for yourself. It's just something you'll have to consider while you're doing it.

It's probably just a block between the steering shaft bearing carrier and the frame. If the Daystar didn't come with one, I think I'd be tempted to remove it.
how do i remove the block? do i have to remove the steering shaft all together or is it just a few screws underneath the hood?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts