Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2” body lift with 33” tires. I really want 37” tires and more suspension. I was hoping to just add a 2-2.5” suspension lift to it. Anyone do this? Anyone know extra parts I might need?

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I have a 2” body lift with 33” tires. I really want 37” tires and more suspension. I was hoping to just add a 2-2.5” suspension lift to it. Anyone do this? Anyone know extra parts I might need?
New gears, reinforced tailgate hinges, lift, d40 in the front, bigger brakes, wheels with 4.5" of backspacing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yes, you can do that. Fitting 37's is easy. Keeping them from tearing up everything is the trick!

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Bodylift and 2.5” lift will be no go with 37” Tires and factory fenders. Flat fenders will get you there. I prefer body lift and 3.5”-4” lift with flats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I ran 37s with 2.5" of lift and 2" front bumpstops and 2.75" rear for a while. No body lift. The bump stops are really what determines what you're going to have to do.

I chopped my stock fenders and cut the corners of the pinch seams to ensure there was no rubbing. I then painted the entire area under the fender with bed liner. It's held up well for 3 years now.

I wheeled the Jeep extensively this way and the tires always had enough clearance at full bump. I don't have stock axle width, but the backspace on the wheels is equivalent to stock width with 4.2" backspace.

Of course, all this is just to fit the tires..... actually running 37s reliably is a can of cash eating worms.

·
Premium Member
9,624 Posts
New gears, reinforced tailgate hinges, lift, d40 in the front, bigger brakes, wheels with 4.5" of backspacing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Lets not forget upgrading all the steering components.

Reactions: gravitywell

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm currently running 3.5 suspension lift and 1.25 body lift w/ flat fenders on 37s. Plenty of clearance. However, plan is to delete the body lift and upgrade the suspension lift down the road. As others have said, there is quite a bit that goes into running 37s depending on what you do with your Jeep. If mostly a street vehicle, at minimum I would recommend sleeves and c gussets on the front end, then brake upgrades. I'm running Power Stop Z36 all the way around which is adequate, however a big brake upgrade would be ideal. If you are planning on wheeling moderate to rough trails, there is a lot more to it.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
Do it right or get nickel and dimed to death when it starts eating parts.

Reactions: cdnguy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts