Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2011 wrangler sport 2 door a few weeks ago & I'm looking to lift it without voiding the warranty so I figured a simple body lift is the way to go for now, my question is what's the best height I should go & which one should I get?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Negative. That will have just as much effect or non effect on warranty as a suspension lift, but will look much worse.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I wasn't sure because in the warranty legal mumbo jumbo it says any alteration to the drive train so if it's just a body wouldn't that make it so I wouldn't have to extend the drive shaft? I would much rather prefer a 4 or 6 suspension but wasn't sure if that would void it or not.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
Really? I wasn't sure because in the warranty legal mumbo jumbo it says any alteration to the drive train so if it's just a body wouldn't that make it so I wouldn't have to extend the drive shaft? I would much rather prefer a 4 or 6 suspension but wasn't sure if that would void it or not.
4-6 inch lift :facepalm:, the most you will need is 3 inches and bigger tires, then that jeep will go just about anywhere,:thumb:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Here's a thread from two days ago asking the same question about warranty voiding. (Here.) In it, I provide the answer and link to yet another thread from the day before that asking the same question again but with a more detailed series of answers.

In short, no, you're not going to "void" your warranty with a lift or any other modification. You will effect what your warranty "covers." But you won't "void" it. Those are very, very different things.

Also, I'm pretty certain you do not want a 6" lift. I bet you don't want a 4" lift either. Either of those lifts would be considered "very aggressive" for a 2 door JK.

Your warranty concerns suggest you plan on using this Jeep as a "daily driver" rather than as dedicated offroader. If that's so, you can run 33" tires without ANY lift. So unless you're planning on running 40s (with a 2 door???) 6" of lift would look ridiculous with even 35" tires. You'd be showing an extra six inches of wheel well that gets filled with only an extra 1.5" of tire.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Here's what a 5" lift looks like on 32s (a stock size). 35s on a 6" lift would retain about the same proportions of visible wheel well.

TJs needed a lot more lift to run smaller tires, and body lifts were much more popular. One of the things I think you'll like about the JK is that so much less lift is needed. You can buy body lifts, but they're rarely used on account of being able to run very large tires with really modest suspension work.

Truthfully, you could just add new wheels (or even wheel spacers) and run 33s just like you ran on your TJ. Add flat flares and you could run 35s.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just did a 2.5 inch level kit on mine and installed a set of 235/85/16 general AT2's and it is almost a 4" lift in total. I could not be happier.
Before.

After.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts