Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.5" budget boost lift on my 2013 now and didn't want to go any higher based on comments on here that anything higher could cause problems with stock parts. My question is if I added a 1.25" body lift will that negatively affect anything or can I still expect no negative side effects like I am now with just the 2.5" bb lift?

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
Those tires are about a 34.something right? Why do you feel you need added height is the first question?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with Daystar 1" body lift. I had the body lift first and was going to remove it after my lift but I like the stance and extra height. I have had no problems with it at all. I would highly recommend the Daystar over the Teraflex body lift. They are urethane and wrap around the existing mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqX2KqhtiYs

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with Daystar 1" body lift. I had the body lift first and was going to remove it after my lift but I like the stance and extra height. I have had no problems with it at all. I would highly recommend the Daystar over the Teraflex body lift. They are urethane and wrap around the existing mount. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqX2KqhtiYs
Thanks for your positive response. I'll checkout the link. Also, I looked at your profile to see your pics and I like the way your JK looks with the body lift.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those tires are about a 34.something right? Why do you feel you need added height is the first question?
I don't need added height but I want added height for purely cosmetic reasons.

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
So 3.75 inches for a 34-ish+/- tire? I run 37s on 2.5 inches. To each their own I guess if that is the look you like.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So 3.75 inches for a 34-ish+/- tire? I run 37s on 2.5 inches. To each their own I guess if that is the look you like.
Indeed, to each their own. I highly doubt I'm in the minority when I say that 37's with a 2.5" lift looks a little cramped. But again, it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. The only opinion that matters is that of the driver/owner.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
Indeed, to each their own. I highly doubt I'm in the minority when I say that 37's with a 2.5" lift looks a little cramped. But again, it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. The only opinion that matters is that of the driver/owner.
She runs flat flares. Plenty of room for a 37
This is mine. 3.5 and 37's, I could drop a little in height if I wanted to.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
How are you getting 37" tires on a 2.5 inch lift? I have been looking at teraflex 4" lift as i have read that's where 37's start. Do you have a body lift?

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
How are you getting 37" tires on a 2.5 inch lift? I have been looking at teraflex 4" lift as i have read that's where 37's start. Do you have a body lift?
No body lift. Rock Krawler X Factor, chopped flares, stubbied bumpers, Rancho 7000 shocks. I clear the wheel wells with about an inch to spare, clear the Rubicon rails, and about 1-1/2 inches or so left on the shock at full compression. 3 inches bumpstop. The only other thing I had to do was bend back the pointy body seam in back of the rear wheel well to keep it out of the tread at max flex - which is because RK lifts move the rear axle back.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
PS Metalcloak advertises that with their overline (tube) fenders you can clear 37s on ZERO lift. Not sure I would try that but worth a look if you want to go low center of gravity. Especially on 2 doors - we tend to get tippy top heavy on big tires with bigger lifts.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a 2.5" budget boost lift on my 2013 now and didn't want to go any higher based on comments on here that anything higher could cause problems with stock parts. My question is if I added a 1.25" body lift will that negatively affect anything or can I still expect no negative side effects like I am now with just the 2.5" bb lift?
A 1.25" body lift is just going to lift the body up 1.25". No negative affects.

I have a 3" suspension lift on my 2013 and not sure what problems you might have read.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She runs flat flares. Plenty of room for a 37 This is mine. 3.5 and 37's, I could drop a little in height if I wanted to.
I didn't say they wouldn't fit, I said it looks a little cramped with only 2.5".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts