Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all fellow jeepers I have a 2010jk. I did a 3 1/2 inch lift using Pro Comp suspension. Has anyone done a 2 inch body lift with this type of suspension kit and if so any problems or suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Why a 5-1/2 lift is the first question?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Haven't used a body lift but just so we understand:

Body lifts raise the body off the frame.
Suspension lifts raise the frame off the ground.
Body lifts also raise the vehicle off ground but should not interfere with a suspension lift.

That said, you can make your Jk too top heavy as you are changing the center of gravity on it with both lifts.

Also keep in mind that some parts may require extensions. Shifters steering column, brake lines, anything mounted to the body is going up by 2".

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just installed a TF 1.25" body lift on my 2007. It was a simple lift to install and I didn't have to extend any lines, cables or hoses. I would be careful going any higher than that unless the lift provides all the extenders you need. At 1.25" I noticed some things (brake lines, radiator hoses, wiring harnesses starting getting a little stretched.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just installed the RC 1.25 body lift. Pain in the ass to install for the manual, but in the end, no issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts