Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a used TJ lifted already! Sweet jeep but I am not a fan of body lifts. Is it easy enough to just pull out the body lift and leave on the 4" that's on it or will I have to re angle the drive shaft... Etc.?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If the BL is more than 1.25" I'd get it out as well.. How high is it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like about a 1.25", I am not a fan of body lifts but bought the jeep with it. Didn't know how much trouble it was going to cause me to take it out?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
It's worth keeping only if it's small and if you plan on taking advantage of the extra room above the drivetrain, ie a high clearance belly pan, gas tank tuck, etc. Those are valuable if you wheel....if it's a street queen and you don't care, then remove the body lift.

Where the body is relative to the frame has no bearing on the suspension, driveline angles, or anything else that involves the relationship between the frame and axles.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'd be interested in your body lift,maybe we can swap parts.

Lmk!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By uninstalling the BL will it help my 4wd engage. Pops out when the body and suspension flexes!

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
You still haven't mentioned exactly how tall it is.....

I'm also assuming you have a t-case drop. A t-case drop pulls the t-case away from the tub. A body lift pulls the tub away from the t-case. A 1" body lift and 1" t-case drop is the same as a 2" body lift when it concerns the t-case linkage. So that's only half of your problem. Building a Jeep correctly isn't easy or cheap.....replacing the t-case drop with a SYE/double cardan shaft, adjustable arms for axle adjustment, replacing the stock skid with a high clearance unit, and replacing the crappy stock t-case linkage with a non-body-dependent cable shifter. That'd take care of all your issues and you'd have a better, more capable Jeep.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the Novak's shifter is the fix I need to correct the transfer case. I will start with that and go on to the skinny belly skid...etc

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
So the Novak's shifter is the fix I need to correct the transfer case. I will start with that and go on to the skinny belly skid...etc
That is a fix for the linkage... not the entire t-case. Do you have a t-case drop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts