Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a 4' susp lift of unknown brand on my 94 YJ. I recently purchased this 4 days ago....to my astonishment its missing 1 body mount under the drivers dash area and 2 behind the seats are pulled through the tub.

I will obviously weld patches into the floor to fix the holes, so I just need an opinion.

Should I just replace all the body mounts with OEM, or do a body lift?

If so, what size?

What's the pros n cons of a body lift on a YJ?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
A 1" BL is usually what most will recommend. It does put a little more stress on the mounts than a stock mount, but it's not overly stressful like a 2" or 3", stay away from them.

A Body Lift opens up the door for a 1" Engine Motor Mount Lift, which that will ease driveline angles after a Suspension Lift. Plus, it'll give you more tire clearance right off the bat.

Pros:
- more tire clearance
- more body clearance
- gateway mod to better mods
- cheap lift

Cons:
- difficult to do if bolts seize or break
- extra stress on the tub
- decreases engine fan cooling effectiveness until MML is installed
- ugly if too high

·
Registered
336 Posts
Here is a picture of mine and I only have a 1" BL.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rock Formation

This is the drivers side, notice the nice Hole in the floor...so not having a body mount there is kind of sagging the floor.

Rock Formation

This is the passengers side. The whole thing is gone.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks like mine... You have to do what I'm doing righht now, you need nuts welded in to the tub where they are rotted. Order the prothane 1" body lift. It's $125 and the only complete one where you don't reuse any hardware. The daystar is also complete I believe but some ppl say it's not. It's a huge overhaul to do it right. Check out my build thread on the last page you will get an idea

·
Registered
112 Posts
While you're at it, sand and paint or RhinoLine the frame at a minimum. Take your time and save yourself the pain in the future! Mine isn't rusted too bad, but come this summer I'll be doing a full on rust elimination on my under carriage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts