Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2.5in suspension lift and looking to go to 33's. I like the look of a 4in lift on 33's, but I don't know much about BL's. Is 1.5's still safe? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I can't say I know much about body lifts, or everything that changes on too-high BLs, although anything above 1.25" is usually a stretch. You'll run into too many problems that definitely makes it not worth it.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
I've got a 2.5in suspension lift and looking to go to 33's. I like the look of a 4in lift on 33's, but I don't know much about BL's. Is 1.5's still safe? Any recommendations?
I believe anything more than 1" you have to mess with the transmission lines i believe and the gap on the bumper looks terrible..

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Generally people stay with 1" or 1.25" max body lift. Any higher will begin to mess with things like shifter for transmission and transfer case, not to mention it begins to make it less safe on the road. The higher the bolts, the more leverage the body will have on the mounts in an accident.

Most well set up jeeps will have a 1" or 1.25" body lift for things like high clearance gas tank skids or flat transfer case skids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts