Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 tj manual 4.0! would like to put a 2in body lift on it found one on ebay for like 80 dollars that is just pulyurethane bushings spacers! will this work? and what else would i need to change for this/ for it to look and function right after install!!!!!???

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
for a 2" BL you´ll need thefollowing things:

- relocate the TC shifter
- longer fuel hoses at the fuel intake
- drop the fan shrould
- drop some plugs in the engine room
- drop the steering linkage
- perhaps you´ll have to extend the manual tranny shifter

did i forget something?

i needed 3 hours for all that (but i have an auto tranny).

a BB is much easier to install. i needed 1.5 hours for it including shocks.

here are some pics from installing the BL: click me

some pics with the BL and the gaps from the BL: click me

if you have some more questions, ask me...!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
budget boost? please clarify!!! also where could i find this product? is there a site? and what would be a good one looking for atleast a 2in lift, looking forward to putting some 33 by 12.50 tires on it!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have that same lift the budget boost it is a 2 inch suspension lift which is new shocks and a 2 inch puck that goes on top of your springs it clears my 33s perfect no rubbing what so ever

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
yes those will work, plus your own new shocks that are made for a two in. lift , if they dont come with directions here is a site with them..........
http://www.4x4xplor.com/REBB.html

you may not have all of the things that he mentions, but i dont know what exactly you are getting from that ad, it is not very descripitive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts