Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have some pics of 1" and 2" body lifts? I mean closer picks so I can really see the difference. I have a 3" suspension lift and im trying to decide what I wanna do. If a 1" requires less work I'll do that. :D

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
any body lift is the same other than the size of the "puck"... the different size won't make for any difference in install other than jacking the body up another inch. Personaly I wouldn't go any hiegher than 1.25" on a body lift.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you go higher than 1.25 inches then you have to start messing with things like fuel filler hoses and relocating the radiator if you don't do a MML. You are also more likely to have trouble with your Tcase shifter with the 2 inch from what I understand.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had trouble with my shifter after doing a 1 inch and it had a relocation bracket also, just wouldn't shift right!!

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
i think you had trouble in installing the bracket. in the last year i helped 8 people with their 1"-3" BL (performance accessories) and there never was a problem with the TC shifter.
the only problem with some 2" and all 3" BLs with manual tranny was that we had to weld a piece at the lower side of the tranny shifter.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
yikes i hate welding onto things like the tranny and the motor!! your not supposed to melt part of the casings!

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
2" BL... No problems at all and installed pretty easily.. (ebay ~ 80 BL + 15 to ship and it was complete kit)

No sidesteps

Fixed side steps.. Hardly noticeable

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Im doin a 1.25" JKS body lift and mml. I trust JKS and it looks like a good kit. Then some 1" pucks and a SYE/driveshaft and I'll flex 35's perfectly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts