Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so I know a lot of people don't like a 3 in body lift i have one at the house it is the hole kit the new lines new brackets everything I have not really heard people talk about what is the bad thing must people just say u shouldn't I want to know what r the bad thing if u do it the right way I have a 06 LJ with a 4 in suspension lift and I want more I want 37in tire on there please help and I don't have a lot of money to do it

·
Registered
671 Posts
BL more that 1" have a great chance of rolling your car over around a corner. they are super dangerous.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see that but I don't go around corners fast anyways because jeeps r none for that anyways I've see some around it don't look bad if u can hide it and that's easy with bumpers and rocker guards

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yeah. U can't put 37s on D30

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much I'm going to regear it when I do the tire I will do it all at the same time

·
Registered
613 Posts
J33ps said:
Not much I'm going to regear it when I do the tire I will do it all at the same time
What axel do u have up front? a D30 can only be re geared to 4.88.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
periods...

Anywho, as stated you're gonna need to do a lot more than a 3" body lift (which isnt a good idea as stated) to run 37's and if you state your going to be on a tight budget...dont even consider it. You'll spend a few grand to get it all set up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
GET RID of the 3" BL and get a JKS 1.25 or daystar 1" BL. There cheaper and good. I hate a 3" BL when I had my 4" suspension on and I TOOK IT OFF! just run 33s. And start saving for 35s

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Owen_TJ said:
periods...

Anywho, as stated you're gonna need to do a lot more than a 3" body lift (which isnt a good idea as stated) to run 37's and if you state your going to be on a tight budget...dont even consider it. You'll spend a few grand to get it all set up.
For what I know guys here that r running the same set up and 37 for years no problem and run the hard

·
Registered
613 Posts
J33ps said:
For what I know guys here that r running the same set up and 37 for years no problem and run the hard
Well I say. DON'T... But good luck with that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But again that's y I am asking I don't think so far there is anything wrong with a 3 bl besides u can see it I've seen a couple around here and when u hide those areas it looks good

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
But again that's y I am asking I don't think so far there is anything wrong with a 3 bl besides u can see it I've seen a couple around here and when u hide those areas it looks good
It can cause problems and I've heard in an accident, the tub and frame are more likely to separate since there's a much larger gap between them compared to stock. It's just not very safe IMO.

·
Registered
613 Posts
J33ps said:
Why do u want 37s? Just for show or to ride?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know a lot of people don't like them but y does it hurt something if u do it right or is it just looks or what that is what I'm asking I will probably go with 35 first because I can get those cheap, so I can get a new front axle and do it right but I've seen a guy around here with a 4 in suspension and 3 in body lift and it looks good

·
Registered
613 Posts
J33ps said:
I know a lot of people don't like them but y does it hurt something if u do it right or is it just looks or what that is what I'm asking I will probably go with 35 first because I can get those cheap, so I can get a new front axle and do it right but I've seen a guy around here with a 4 in suspension and 3 in body lift and it looks good
If you have the wallet. Go for it. But it u don't. Don't try. 37s is a lot of stress.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you have friends running 37s at the mall with a dana 30/ 35 and they haven't broken anything, then I'm proud of them. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NCJeepin said:
It can cause problems and I've heard in an accident, the tub and frame are more likely to separate since there's a much larger gap between them compared to stock. It's just not very safe IMO.
Thank u I have heard that to about it separating, but if done right what problem could it cause

1 - 20 of 55 Posts