Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big, dumb animal. I installed Barricade Rock Rails today and for some reason I had it in my head to torque the body mount bolts to 90 instead of 80. After I was done I realized what I had done so I backed them out and torqued them to 80. So my question is do I need to do anything now? Should I replace the bolts?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
You're fine. However if you turn left abruptly and the body keeps going straight I retract my statement. (Kidding) your fine but I would check the torque on it next week and make sure it's holding. Did you use blue locktight and if you did, did you tighten/loosen/re-tighten all at the same time before the locktight set, or did you go back much later after the locktight had set? As long as it all happened basically at once Id say your good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're fine. However if you turn left abruptly and the body keeps going straight I retract my statement. (Kidding) your fine but I would check the torque on it next week and make sure it's holding. Did you use blue locktight and if you did, did you tighten/loosen/re-tighten all at the same time before the locktight set, or did you go back much later after the locktight had set? As long as it all happened basically at once Id say your good.
Thank you! It probably sat for 20-30 minutes when it hit me. I'll check it again next week.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Thank you! It probably sat for 20-30 minutes when it hit me. I'll check it again next week.
If they loosen up when you check the torque you can pull out one bolt at a time and reapply the locktite, then torque to spec. You don't have to worry about major adverse effects from over torquing 10 ft-lbs though. Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they loosen up when you check the torque you can pull out one bolt at a time and reapply the locktite, then torque to spec. You don't have to worry about major adverse effects from over torquing 10 ft-lbs though. Let me know if you have any other questions! -Ryan
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts