Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to do the 11 body mount replacements. It seems rather cut and dry, but all the tutorials I find online have people cutting into the floor in order to access the fasteners at the top of the mount.
Has anybody done this without cutting into the body? My Jeep is not terribly rusted and I'm hoping that I can access these without cutting?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Have you tried removing the bolts yet? My friends YJ was one of the rustiest YJ's i have ever seen and most of his came out with a Milwaukee cordless impact. But if they break off then yeah cutting is mandatory.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It’s a very straightforward job. Just make sure your jack is stable. It’s kinda scary if it slips out. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Screwball011

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,951 Posts
That is a great write up above, especially where the bolts top out at. In all things old and frozen, Time and PB Blaster (or your personal fav alternative) is your friend, spray it and let it soak in. One thing it didn't mention...Break all the bolts free, but only remove and lift one side at a time so you don't have the tub slide out of alignment on you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought mine was gonna be straightforward too. Then I started to dig in and found out that I had more rust tha than I expected. Some of the mounts looked fine. Obviously not. I ended up getting a lot of body work done, and that's my tub afterwards. Look at all that rust. It's an original Flintstone car!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts