Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4WD.com has a nice deal going on right now. I have seen mixed reviews the quality of this products finish but nothing a little paint can't generally fix.

ForumRunner_20150514_131557.png

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been hemming & hawing about bumpers...this made my mind up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seeing a lot of mixed reviews online about these. I love the style, anyone able to chime in on ease of install/product quality?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have the src front bumper. (just bought another one to get the rear free)(figure I can sell the new front one for nearly the $500 cost new on craigslist)

The SRC is pretty easy to install, but you will have to do some drilling, it shows you in the instructions which holes to drill. essentially have to make a few small holes bigger, drill them out to a half inch I think.

If you take your time and realize it is going to be a little work ahead of time, it's not bad at all.

Also if you are putting a winch on at the same time....I would suggest, get the bumper to fit right and then put it back on the ground, mount the winch to it and then lift it back into place, unless you have some one with small hands to start the nuts on the bottom of the plate through the holes in the bottom of the bumper.

I love my src bumper, looks great, and is strong. looks even better with a winch on it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I installed my SRC the first time in about an hour and a half. Because I didn't read the instructions and drill the holes out to start with.

I bought a new jeep and took it off my old one to install on the new one......pulled the stock bumper off the new one, grabbed my drill and made the holes bigger. took the bumper off my trade in and walked it over to the new one and bolted it up in about 35 minutes.

They have the SRC and the XRC buy the front and get the rear free right now, until midnight monday night.

Sold a motorcycle tonight and that equals jeep parts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This seems like a really good deal. I'm new to wranglers and wondering if this type of deal is rare or the norm?

Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I purchased a XRC rear bumper with tire carrier and within a few days it start to pit. I could see small rust spots coming thru the powder coat

I contacted Smittybilt and sent a few pictures

They were awesome to me, they shipped me a brand new bumper and carrier, a few accessories including a tow strap (for my troubles)

Oh they also told me to keep the defective one

They're customer service is pretty good in my book

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
4wheelparts.com had the same deal for 499.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts