Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After a short journey yesterday, I heard a water boiling noise coming from the front of the engine after I had stopped and switched off. I have already had the radiator flushed and filled with new coolant. The temp. gauge does climb to just over 100c if I idle for a long time with the AC running. The average day time temp. here is about 84f at this time of year. Everything seems OK when I am driving, the temp. gauge showing just under the 100c mark. What could be causing the boiling water noise.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. I will try a new radiator cap and maybe a thermostat. Can any one please tell me what the correct spec. is for the Rad Cap and Thermostat, I have a 1999 Sahara, 6 Cylinder, 4L automatic

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
OK. I will try a new radiator cap and maybe a thermostat. Can any one please tell me what the correct spec. is for the Rad Cap and Thermostat, I have a 1999 Sahara, 6 Cylinder, 4L automatic
i think it is 18lbs but not 100%. Just ask them at the parts counter. Get a Stant cap

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I see that I have duplicated this post, sorry for any confusion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts