Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of an air compressor for the TJ that bolts on in place of the air conditioner. Anyone have any idea where to find one? I haven't had any luck finding it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Probably talking about bolting on an old York a/c compressor like I installed onto my previous TJ. Finding the York, an F-210 model works best, is easy... getting the bracket to mount it has become more difficult in recent years since Brad Kilby's OBA company went out of business.

This is what mine looked like, complete with front and rear quick disconnect fittings. I was able to keep the factory a/c installed which was a primary goal since I usually wheel in the desert.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I used the ORO bracket for my York. It is quite a bit more money than the older Kilby style bracket, but the design is more refined and the fit is nearly perfect. Just be aware that a York compressor is a nickle and dime project with lots of little pieces to figure out.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Just be aware that a York compressor is a nickle and dime project with lots of little pieces to figure out.
That's what I enjoyed most about installing it... it's a good way to learn how compressors really work lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts