Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I ordered the bolt replacement hardware from northridge4x4. I have seen several videos about the front track bar but nothing on the complete installation of all the bolts.

Today I replaced the 8 bolts in my lower control arms (front and back) and the two bolts in the front track bar. I have four bolts left in the kit, which is not enough to do the upper control arms. Any idea what is the most important to do next or where these bolts were intended to go.

Sorry for the nub question, still learning about my jeep

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
2 are for the rear track bar and I know they give metric bolt for the front frame side track bar on 2012+ Jeeps.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 are for the rear track bar and I know they give metric bolt for the front frame side track bar on 2012+ Jeeps.
Thanks, very helpful. I did not use the right bolts in the front then, because I still have both metric bolts left.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I didn't use the metric bolt on my 2013. The 9/16" bolt fit my track bar better.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't use the metric bolt on my 2013. The 9/16" bolt fit my track bar better.
So did you just end with two unused metric bolts? Meaning if I use the last two bolts for my rear track bar, I should have two metric bolts left and should consider myself done?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I had a different bolt kit. With your kit 2 extra bolts sounds right.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
huh yeah i assumed the metric bolts were for the track bars. i have the northridge kit as well and wish there was some quick pictorial instruction on where they go.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
huh yeah i assumed the metric bolts were for the track bars. i have the northridge kit as well and wish there was some quick pictorial instruction on where they go.
pictorial would be fantastic but I would settle for any type of instructions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bolts in the upper control arms have the exact same type of factory bolts as the lower control arms, why are these less important to change? Or should I go to the hardware store and change these as well?

·
Registered
709 Posts
the bolts in the upper control arms have the exact same type of factory bolts as the lower control arms, why are these less important to change? Or should I go to the hardware store and change these as well?
What year is your JK? I noticed that on my 11 that track bar bolt that everyone says is too small and the cause of DW was the correct size and and the small one you see everyone complain of. Guessing that Jeep realized this and fixed it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What year is your JK? I noticed that on my 11 that track bar bolt that everyone says is too small and the cause of DW was the correct size and and the small one you see everyone complain of. Guessing that Jeep realized this and fixed it.
2014; I didn't notice bolts that were too small in anything that I removed. Only thing I saw was threads that went the entire length of the bolt and the ones I replaced were only threaded on part of the bolt. Nothing I took off seemed overly loose.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Which one? Axle side or frame side?

·
Registered
709 Posts
2014; I didn't notice bolts that were too small in anything that I removed. Only thing I saw was threads that went the entire length of the bolt and the ones I replaced were only threaded on part of the bolt. Nothing I took off seemed overly loose.
I'm guessing they corrected that issue then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts