Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the bolt size that is used in the bottom of the frame, closest to the rear crossmember for the factory towhooks? I mounted a new rear bumper (last summer) and when it was taken off and reinstalled, those 2 bolts weren't put back in. I know they are metric, but I don't know what size! Anyone out there know what size, or where I can find it? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I believe a standard bolt will work, just get a grade 8 bolt. Take your Jeep to a auto/parts store, and I am sure they will find one that works for you. Doesn't matter if the head of the bolt is metric or standard, as long as the threads are the same.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't the diameter of the bolt be metric as well??? Or is this like asking for a metric cresent wrench?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I am not sure about the diameter being different or not. I just know that I have a bunch of new bolts on my YJ that were just put on in the factory nuts. If they are different, I am sure that the parts store will tell you. That is why I suggested taking the Jeep with you, so that you can physically try the bolts, before you buy them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts