Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of (4) Boom Mat headliner pieces in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Shahara. As per many of the reviews I read, it required a little trimming and a little extra effort, beyond the peel and stick ad verbage. Removing the roof is recommended, but i felt it was too much effort for what appears to be a modest effort job. The compromise is to remove the sound bar, which then gives you about 95% access to the rear 2 panels. Front of course are fully accessible. Take your time to line up the edges and pre-test the fit. Fronts were near perfect, but the two back panels were a bit long. Overall it is a nice look and hopefully adds the insulation and sound deadening as advertised. Too soon to report on that. I got the white version to nearly match the off white interior of my Freedom hard top. Many people have ordered the black version. It is also available in gray.
Would like to hear feedback from others who have tried the product.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I like the boom mat I put in my TJ

Iet's get a mod to move this to the JK area for ya ;)

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
I have had the boom mat in our 14 for 5+ years and still going strong. Very happy with the product.

·
Premium Member
7,228 Posts
I installed a set of white Boom Mats from Quadratec in our 2013 JK over 6 years ago. They are still holding well. I removed the top when installing them. No trimming needed, they just fit right on. Great price compared to other brands.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I have the gray boom mat in my JKU. it is night and day different - temperature wise - with it installed. it is a little quieter, road-noise-wise, but not very noticeable. the reduction of heat coming from the roof has been a game changer though - esp. down here in Texas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts